A DISTRAUGHT mum tried to kill herself having found her three little lads had perished in a fire after she left them alone so she could visit a pal.

Investigators believe one of the brothers, a six-year-old, tried to save his younger three-year-old siblings by using his own body to protect them from the flames.

 Twins Sasha and Denis died as the fire quickly swept through their home

Central European News

Twins Sasha and Denis died as the fire quickly swept through their home

The body of Danil Vorobyev was found lying on top of the twins Sasha and Denis, in the village of Stary Buyan in south-western Russia’s Samara Oblast region.

Single mum Natalia Vorobyeva, 36, had left the boys locked inside the house while she popped out to visit a friend but a fire broke out while she was away.

It is believed the boys tried to escape as their bodies were found near the locked front door.

The family’s gas-fired boiler had reportedly been malfunctioning and was believed to have gone on fire.

 A scene of utter devastation and tragic lossof young life

Central European News

A scene of utter devastation and tragic lossof young life
 The boys were unable to get out of the house because it was locked

Central European News

The boys were unable to get out of the house because it was locked

Mrs Vorobyeva had reportedly been worried about the boiler but could not afford repairs.

One eyewitness revealed: “When the mother ran to the scene and realised that her children had burned to death she tried to commit suicide.”

The house was completely destroyed in the blaze, but investigators say the children died from smoke inhalation.

It is reportedly the second time the family has been hit by fire this year

 Firefighter Aleksandr Mordvov, Danil, twins Sasha and Denis pose after being rescued from the last fire

Central European News

Firefighter Aleksandr Mordvov, Danil, twins Sasha and Denis pose after being rescued from the last fire

They were saved by firefighters when their former home, a flat in the regional capital city of Samara, caught fire.

Fireman Aleksandr Mordvov led Mrs Vorobyeva and her three sons to safety when they were in danger of dying from smoke inhalation after a downstairs flat caught fire. 

Mrs Vorobyeva then took the children back to her home village of Stary Buyan to live at her parents’ house.


We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.


LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here