A RUSSIAN tourist has been “gassed to death” while on holiday in a popular Spanish resort, according to reports.
Gulnur Kiyamova, 31, allegedly died from a lethal heating system leak at a tourist complex in Roquetas de Mar in Almeria.
More than 80 guests were evacuated from Calle Mar Egeo at around 4pm on May 5 in a resort that attracts many British visitors.
The Almeria emergency services found the body of Kiyamova and also an unnamed man.
It is believed she had been asleep and was overcome by the gas fumes.
A Russian source in Spain said: “An autopsy has been carried out and gas poisoning was the reason for her death.”
Asthma sufferers warned to stay indoors as thunderstorms could prove fatal
Misery for millions with hay fever as experts warn of deadly asthma attacks
Family with kids hunted by cheetahs when they get out of car at safari park
Couple’s £100k Range Rover ‘smashed’ after leaving it with airport parking firm
Mum has plaster cast of hands made so stillborn baby can be cuddled forever
‘we still hoped he’d come home’
Frightened Rabbit star confirmed dead as family pay tribute
Devastated relatives in the oil-rich region of Bashkortostan only heard about her death five days after the tragedy.
Her sister Irina said: “We heard on TV news that there had been an emergency in a hotel in Spain.
“Gulnur was not answering her phone and we found the number and called the reception.
“They told us she had been gassed to death after a terrible accident.”
Spanish police have launched a criminal investigation into the leak, according to reports.
Irina said the family cannot afford a bill of around £10,000 to repatriate the victim’s body.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at email@example.com or call 0207 782 4368. You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.